On March 29 Lorias may stand in the nets in Georgia-Kazakhstan friendly match. Like the Georgian national team, Kazakhstan also has goalkeeper Loria – Davit. He was only 19 years old when he played for the national team.
worldsport.ge talked to the Georgian goalkeeper of the Kazakhstan national team. Davit has never lived in Georgia. He was born in Tselinograd (now Astana), was in Moscow CSKA Academy. Then, he lived in Australia, played for “Enfield City Falcons”.
Loria has changed lots of clubs and now he is Gogita Gogua’s teammate in “Irtysh”. He has not been called up for the national team since 2011. Davit has played for “Halmstads” of Sweden, “Spartak” Nalchik, “Rizespor” of Turkey and “Karsiyaka”.
Loria is 34 years old, held 38 matches in the national team. He is three-time champion of Kazakhstan and was named the best football player 2006 of the country.
- What does playing Georgia mean for you?
- To tell the truth, each match in the national team is very important. However, playing Georgia means a lot for me.
- You played for “Kairat” coached by Vladimir Weiss. On March 29 Weiss will have debut as a head coach of the Georgian national team. What can you say about him?
- He is a good coach and I wish good luck to him.
- Gogita Gogua is your teammate in “Irtysh”. You played for “Spartak” Nalchik with him. How would you characterize Gogua?
- Gogua is a good player and a person. I appreciate him a lot and I am happy that we play for the same club again. “Goga” is a “Georgian Gattuso”.
- When did you have the best period in your career?
- I cannot name the period. I had successful seasons.
- Do you have relatives in Georgia? Do you keep in touch with them?
- No, I do not. My relatives left for Australia long time ago.
This year Kazakh journalists asked Loria if he knew Giorgi Loria.
“No, we do not know each other but I know Nukri Revishvili”.